7th INTENSIVE COURSE FOR EDITORS IN PUBLISHING - COURSE OVERVIEW
May 19- 24, 2014
The six-day Intensive Course for Editors is designed to update your knowledge of various aspects of editing. You will attend lectures, workshops, field visit to a printing/publishing house, study reference material and handouts and see videos on a publishing house and an editor at work. You will also practice your editing and proofreading skills on a manuscript copy given to you for the purpose.
Who should attend this course?
- Those who want to make editing a career.
- In-service publishing professionals.
- Those managing editorial departments.
- Those wanting to improve their editing skills.
What can you expect from this course?
- Widening of your understanding and knowledge about the publishing industry.
- Understanding what editing is all about and how to do it effectively and efficiently.
- Establishing contacts with leading professionals in the industry.
- Learning online copy editing.
- Networking with fellow participants and faculty.
- Learning how to deal with authors successfully.
- Internship at a publishing house after completing the course.
What is special about this course?
- Only course of its kind in Asia and Africa.
- Opens up job opportunities in the publishing industry.
- Discussions with course faculty (each session includes 30-45 minutes for interaction, discussion and Q & A).